CTCL provides human blood and tissue sample processing associated with clinical trial correlative studies. CTCL supports both investigator initiated and sponsor initiated clinical trials.The Clinical Translational Core Lab (CTCL) serves under the Division of Hematology and Oncology within the Department of Medicine and the Joint Clinical Trials Office (JCTO).
The CTCL processes and prepares samples for downstream applications and biomarker studies. We also offer several services that support both clinical researchers and basic scientists in planning for and budgeting clinical trial correlative studies.
- Provide dedicated space and equipment for clinical trial sample processing adhering to standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment and sample handling.
- Provide standardized and timely sample processing and storage to ensure the integrity of clinical research samples and data.
- Assist clinical investigators in developing customized SOPs and budgets for handling, processing, storing and shipping samples that are compatible with downstream applications and assays for their clinical studies.
- Assist clinical investigators in identifying and validating specific assays for their clinical studies.
The Clinical Translational Core Lab (CTCL) has developed standard operating procedures for processing human blood and tissue samples for downstream applications such as genomic or biomarker analysis. CTCL can assist investigators in identifying, developing and performing downstream assays for their clinical trial correlative studies. CTCL will also store samples in NIST certified and monitored freezers until they are needed here at Weill Cornell Medicine or shipped to other collaborators.
- Cell Separations
- Flow Cytometry & Data Acquisition
- Plasma, Serum & PBMC Isolation
- Sample Storage and Shipping
- Protein Biomarker Quantification
- Nucleic Acid Purification
- Molecular Assays
- Project Consultations
A selection of research projects and publications involving work conducted by the Clinical Translational Core Lab.
The Clinical Translational Core Lab is available to advise and help investigators design correlative studies for their clinical trials. Please contact us with your inquiries or click here to learn more about our services and how to get started.